Another dress for Lily

I had a stack of pillow cases given to me today, so I couldn't resist trying to make Lily another dress...Lily can't have anything without fairies or princesses so this dress has fairy ribbon sewn at the bottom and tied around the waist (and yes, we are in Wisconsin where it is snowing out today, but Lily somehow is never cold!).
To anyone out there who might be under the wrong impression that I am a good sewer, I will tell you again I am not... This will prove it... While I was sewing today on the sewing machine I actually sewed the needle right through my entire tip of my pointer finger!! ouch!!! Would a real sewer do something like that?? :) Luckily Lily was right there to get me a princess band-aid!


Comments

Ashli Miller said…
Lily is so lucky to have a mom who makes her such cute dresses!
Heidi said…
Greta! I love the dress! And thanks for the view from the front...now I have such a good idea of how they look...and I LOVE them!!! You are amazing. I wish I had just a fraction of your craftiness!!!
A needle pricked your finger?! While making a princess dress!? You're Sleeping Beauty!!! Also, even the greatest craftsmen get hurt practicing their trade. Normally I'm graceful as a swan, but I got paint in my eye once (or twice) and I thought I was blind, but it turned out I wasn't. Great job on the dress, now I just need to see that pillow!!!
Cathie K. said…
Greta this is great!!! I love it! ANd is sure looks as if our little Lily loves it too. You are a very talented lady. Way to go!!!!
Hailey Jones said…
oh how i love this little lily girl.
and i think you are a great crafty momma.
Brittany Klumb said…
wow I guess you are both lucky pair, lily for a mom who will sacrifice fingers to make her very adorable dresses and, a little lily who will be thier to aid her when it happens. (and of course look so cute when modling it)you did a great job Greta!
jen said…
so so cute!! and yes - real sewing ladies do that - :) I love it!!

Popular posts from this blog

back by popular demand! :)

Lily's new princess dress