Joey gets a haircut!!

Before I had Joey, I always looked at little boys with long hair and wondered how their mothers could let their hair get that long...and then I had Joey. His little curls were so cute, and I just couldn't bear the thought of cutting them off! It wasn't until a few Sundays ago while we were leaving church that we stopped and talked to someone for a few moments from the Spanish Branch...now he was speaking to us in English, and he has a very thick accent, but I'm pretty sure he told us how cute our little girl was (while Adam was holding Joey)! From that moment on I have been trying to decide what to do. Joey had been having bad hair day after bad hair day for quite sometime...I would wet his hair down in the morning and spray it with hair spray, and it would poof right back out only moments later!..there was nothing I could do! I thought maybe if I pushed through this phase it would grow out and lay nicely (instead of, as Adam likes to call it, "the mad scientist hair-do") but then I would be one of those moms with the long haired boy who you can't really tell if it's a boy or a girl.....So yesterday, I sat him down in my chair and cut those cute little curls right off. :( It's been kind of strange for me and Adam seeing him running towards us without all the curls bouncing around, but we are getting used to it and loving his new do!


Here he is!!!!

Comments

What a little stud!!! I love it, I can't wait to see his new look in person sometime!
Heidi said…
Oh my GOSH! I can't believe you cut the curls!! I am sad to see them go but I have to say he is awfully adorable with the new hair cut too. I guess Joey is just cute no matter what!!
Cathie K. said…
Oh My Goshk!!!! I had no idea this was coming! What a shock!
This happened with Roger too, and then snip, snap and all the curls were gone.

Joey looks so cute this way too. He's such a duck, that if he were bald he'd be adorable.

way to go, Greta. I know that wasn't easy.
jen said…
what a stud is right - he looks like such a big boy!!

Popular posts from this blog

back by popular demand! :)

Another dress for Lily

The Krehbiel gals invade Rochester!